BiS4AP Scanning: Turn Accounts Payable into Accounts Manageable
Scanning for Accountants
Invoices, quotes, bills of lading, purchase and change orders… With so many important documents to process and coordinate between departments, loss or misfiling is a frequent risk. Converting those documents to digital files that can be stored and accessed securely and quickly lets you focus on paperwork, not a paper chase.I’d like to start scanning my documents
The BiS4AP System for Accounts Payable Document Scanning.
Your accounting documents are scanned as we receive them, then indexed and stored digitally on a secure dedicated internet server, where your authorized employees can access them instantly. The System carefully analyzes your accounts payable workflow, and electronically routes the right documents to the right people faster and more efficiently than paper can be handled.
Speaking of Numbers, Here are Six Benefits of Document Scanning:
- Documents are electronically sent to the right person for appropriate action, and “what if” logic ensures that no deadlines are missed for validating payments, taking “early pay” discounts, etc. Reviewers can attach electronic “post-it” notes to the unalterable images.
- Accessing documents is virtually instantaneous because documents are concurrently available across multiple locations, and because indexing and storage in a central location makes documents easily attainable.
- Records can be accessed in a variety of ways based on their indexing – by time period, location, vendor, recipient, end use, etc. BiS4AP creates a relational database which speeds up reporting and analysis.
- Scanned Documents are secure, but instantly available to any authorized person with an Internet connection.
- It is impossible for scanned documents to be lost or misfiled.
- Eliminate bulky paper records storage. Hard copies are disposed of after a designated period of time of, and one-click purging can be scheduled based on the legal or required retention periods for various documents.
More Reasons to Embrace Document Scanning.
You can imagine how vast and complex accounting is for the Department of Defense. According to a 2006 study, the DOD concluded that document imaging is a powerful weapon for the paper battles that any organization – big or small – faces daily. Learn more here.
In “civilian” terms, Accounting Best Practices, author Steven Bragg says:
When accounting files are sent to the archives at the end of the year, the portion taken up by the accounts payable documents usually exceeds that of all other documents combined. For some companies with voluminous accounts payable files, it is a major expense to remove all the paperwork, box it up and identify it, and ship it off to a warehouse from which it must be recalled occasionally for various tasks. Digitizing the documents is a means of avoiding the expense of archiving.