Frank Albi: BiS Founder and CEO
Frank is the founder, and owner-operator, of Business Information Solutions, Inc., Cincinnati’s first off-site records center. A native of Denver, he graduated from University of Colorado in Boulder where he earned his BA in 1969, and MA in 1977.
In 1980, Frank brought the commercial records storage industry to Cincinnati when he opened the region’s first commercial records center. Before that, Frank was Computer Security Administrator for Federated Department Stores (now Macy’s, Inc.), Data Security Officer at Seattle-First National Bank, and Police Specialist at Battelle Seattle Research Center. Frank’s career began as a police officer in Boulder, when he was a graduate student in sociology at the University of Colorado.
As an outspoken activist for the interests of small business, Frank was elected to the White House Conference on Small Business. Subsequently U.S. Representative Steve Chabot appointed Frank to serve on his Small Business Advisory Committee. Frank’s other volunteer and public service includes:
- Ethyl Taylor Academy Local School Decision Making Committee since 2013.
- Dan Beard Council Boy Scouts of America Board of Trustees, Eagle Scout and Professional Staff Mentor, since 2004.
- Cincinnati Works Board of Trustees since 1994.
- Professional Records and Information Services Management (PRISM) trade association where he served on its Board of Directors Executive Committee as Treasurer, Chaired its Nominating Committee, Chaired its Annual Conference, and served in various other capacities since 1983.
Among Frank’s business awards are the following:
- Goering Center Family Business of the Year Finalist 2010, 2012, and 2013.
- PRISM Volunteer of the Year 2001, 2007, and 2012.
- Progress Award Mentor of the Year 1998.
- Small Business of the Year Finalist 1992.
- Entrepreneur of the Year Nominee 1990.
- Young Entrepreneur 1987.
Today, BiS remains a proud, family-owned and operated business.